Article 53 GDPR
General conditions for the members of the supervisory authority
1. Member States shall provide for each member of their supervisory authorities to be appointed by means of a transparent procedure by:
- — their parliament;
- — their government;
- — their head of State; or
- — an independent body entrusted with the appointment under Member State law. 2. Eachmembershallhavethequalifications,experienceandskills, in particular in the area of the protection of personal data, required to perform its duties and exercise its powers.
3. The duties of a member shall end in the event of the expiry of the term of office, resignation or compulsory retirement, in accordance with the law of the Member State concerned.
4. A member shall be dismissed only in cases of serious misconduct or if the member no longer fulfils the conditions required for the performance of the duties.